Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Bad Biscuits


I don't know what has happened to me lately.  I usually find it easy to self motivate but recently I just can't seem to pick up the pace.  I have the occasional day where I let some dishes sit in the sink or let some laundry go untouched but so far this week (and a little of last week) I let all these things go untouched.  I've only done the necessary cleaning.  For instance I washed the covers on the big chair in my living room but that's only because Evan squeezed poop out of one of the puppies, literally, he squeezed the poop right out.  Then he tried in a desperate attempt to clean it with his sweaty sock.  Smeared sweaty poop all over my seat covers.  Have I mentioned how light the fabric on my chair is?  Anyways, I guess I can't say I've completely gone without doing laundry this week.  

Shawn, my husband, has cleaned the kitchen twice since I've been in my slump.  If he cleans it's bad.  The worst part of my story is I made bad biscuits !  I usually don't make too many mistakes in the kitchen.  It's my thing! First I started my batter without having all the ingredients.  I didn't have half & half but figured I'd substitute buttermilk.  Then I realized I didn't have enough buttermilk so I added regular milk.  After adding the regular milk to the mix I realized I didn't need that much in the first place.  The recipe called for 3/4c. not 1 and a half cups.  So I added lots more flour, a pinch of this, and a pinch of that because baking is so scientific you know.   I decided I'd continue on and if they didn't turn out I'd just throw them away.  I rolled the dough (the very sticky dough) then couldn't find my biscuit cutter.  I got creative, remembered a Paula Dean episode, and reached for a juice glass.  It did the job.  I egg washed those bad boys, threw them in the oven and 20 minutes later.....well, you tell me..... 

1 comment:

  1. Don't feel bad...I almost ALWAYS mess up in the kitchen, so one time is no biggie :)

    ReplyDelete