Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Just How Sad Would I Be?

Today while driving around Carter kept asking me if I would be sad if he died.  Would I be able to go on living?  Would I still be able to do favors for people?  This conversation went on and on until I turned the radio up and drowned him out.  Later, while driving around again, he asked if I would be sad if he fell and busted his head open.  I reassured him that I would and he continued to ask questions looking to find out just how sad I'd be.  I finally broke up his questions asking, "Carter, why do you keep asking me if I'd be sad if you died, or if you cracked your head open, or other things of that nature? YES, I'll be sad OK!  The answer will always be YES so STOP ASKING ME THOSE QUESTIONS!"

Carter's response was, "I just wanted to make sure."

He just wanted to make sure I'd be so sad that my life would be difficult to continue living.  I guess he's worried I wouldn't be sad...?



1 comment: