If you're feeling like a slacker mom just compare yourself to me then pat yourself on the back for a job well done.
1. I don't clean my own house. True story. I pick things up. (But don't look in my closet.) I organize (Oh yeah...don't look in our game closet.) I haven't mopped the floors or vacuumed the whole house in over a year. Before you freak out and think I live in the dirtiest house in America....I've hired someone to clean. She does the dirty work. I feel for her on occasion when she has to clean Carter and Evan's bathroom.
2. I haven't cleaned out the vegetable drawer in my fridge since before Christmas. At this point I'm a little scared to. There is a bag of grapes in there that has probably grown arms and legs and is planning a rebellion.
3. I just pulled a load of laundry from the dryer. It's been there since last Tuesday. If you see me at the grocery store next week I'll most likely have a wrinkled shirt on.
4. I was late to both boys basketball games today. I was feeding Jonah but still, I could have started five minutes earlier I guess.
5. There are some soiled pants belonging to Jonah soaking in my kitchen sink. I don't feel like dealing with them yet. (That's why I'm blogging.)
6. Wait for it.....wait for it....MY CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS ARE STILL OUT!
7. I watch The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.
8. I'm pretty sure Jonah was watching it last night too.
9. Everyone in my house can work any Apple product you put in front of them but can't change the toilet paper roll when it runs out. Myself included.
(I feel good that Shawn is the only one with a cup of coffee. Carter on coffee....yikes.)
10. I had chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes for dinner. Then two hours later I ate a bowl of cereal.
The one thing I feel good about today....
I'm glad I could help you feel good about your skills as a wife and mother.
Jonah turned 3 months old today. I can't believe 3 months has gone by. Can't it slow down just a little? This is why I don't nap. I'm afraid if I close my eyes for just a minute I'll wake up and Jonah will be 6 years old like my last baby.
I also don't nap because I am really grouchy when I wake up.