Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Mom Acne and a Solution



I hate to admit it but I don't have soft silky skin like this sweet little 3 month old.


I have skin like a 14 year old....boy!

I've heard stories from my mom and a few of my aunts and yeah...I don't think my skin is going to get better over the next 25 years.  

During Christmas break my cousin's perfect-skinned girlfriend gave me a tip for an inexpensive acne fix.  


Baking Soda and Cetaphil.  So far, it seems to be working pretty well.  All you have to do is sprinkle a little Baking Soda onto one squirt of Cetaphil.  Rub together and massage on your face then rinse clean.  For one thing, it feels GREAT on your skin and after you're done your cheeks will feel a lot like this...


...silky, smooth, and baby soft.

I was reading the back of the Baking Soda label and it's good for way more than smoothing your skin and clearing mild acne.  

You can....
remove dirt, wax, and residue from hard-skinned fruits and vegetables, and
clean burnt pots and pans.

I also didn't know this but you could clean stainless steel with Baking Soda.

You can sprinkle baking soda in the baby's bath water to help cure bad diaper rash and it can make baked goods, like my special oatmeal cookies, rise. 

What it doesn't do, is wipe the scared look off Jonah's face when he sees a giant zit on his mother's chin.


Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I can't decide which to buy first...the ingredients for the oatmeal cookies or the facial cleanser. And I think I have seen that same look on my own face when I look in the mirror!

    ReplyDelete